In addition to our food programs, we are able to assist people experiencing personal and financial difficulties in Mornington, Mt Martha, Mt Eliza and Moorooduc, through our Emergency Relief program.
We employ a full time Community Support Worker and have trained volunteers to support and assist those seeking assistance. Each request for help is the subject of a one-on-one interview with one of our volunteers, while clients with more complex needs are seen by our Community Support Worker. Client privacy and confidentiality are strictly observed. Assistance can be provided in a variety of forms, including:
- A listening ear and general support;
- Food (as outlined elsewhere);
- Assistance with the payment of outstanding bills;
- Travel vouchers/MyKi cards;
- Payment for petrol and prescriptions;
- Access to clothing from our Op Shop;
- Referral to relevant agencies; and
- Advocacy on behalf of clients with government departments, energy providers, creditors, and others as required.
No appointments are necessary for initial assistance.